Melde dich an, um diesem Inhalt zu folgen  
Folgen diesem Inhalt 0
keinname

Chin Wing - Fragen

Es tut mir leid für mein Deutsch und Grammatikfehler (ich spreche kein Deutsch, und ich habe 'Google translate' verwendet  :481: ).

Ich frage mich ob jemand weiß ob die Einschnitte für Chin Wing Chirurgie immer intraorraly sind, entlang der gesamten Zahnbogens/ in den Zahnfleischrand des unteren Zahnbogens.
bearbeitet von keinname

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

-Werbung-

-Werbung-

If you don't mind, re-post in english. This is actually quite difficult to read in german.

Die Wing Osteotomie nach Thiaca & co. wird im allgemeinen intraoral durchgeführt. Es gibt die Möglichkeit, den Unterkiefer als Ganzes aufzusägen und den Rand zu verlagern, man kann das aber auch in mehreren Teilen tun oder bspw. nur einseitig arbeiten. Eine Kante, die in der Operation mglw. entsteht, wird vom Körper mit der Zeit resorbiert. Meist ist das Ziel eine Verlängerung der Gesichtsbasis, oft wird von Männern auch eine Verbreiterung gewünscht.

Hier noch was zum Lesen:

http://www.pyramide.ch/KlinikPyramide.CorporateWebsite/media/PyramideCorporate/PDFs/Articles/Artikel-Brusco-Triaca-April2014.pdf?ext=.pdf

1 Person gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Haha, I'm so sorry Kieferknacker. I was afraid it was that bad, but hoped it would be doable, since it seemed rather rude to post in English. 

Vielen Dank für den Artikel. Sehr interessant.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Hi!

Firstly, my name is "DrHorse". "Kieferknacker" is my status given by the number of posts here. ;-)

Secondly: It may be difficult to find a surgeon who deviates from an established standard procedure. Cutting extraorally most probably would be such a deviation.

Anyway, I see a couple of good reasons not to cut through the skin in order to reach the jaws unless accessing the region appears completely infeasible:

a. mucosa heals significantly faster than skin.

b. No spilling of blood to the outside whatsoever. Instead, you get to swallow your blood and it will be "recycled".

c. Chin wing is aesthetic surgery. Accepting a big scar all over your face just in favor of a more defined jawline seems not to hold water. Even less since it could easily be avoided by doing the intraoral cut. Furthermore, since that cut is 1.5cm away from your gumline, I'd doubt that it would affect it at all. But that's just my opinion as a layperson and I have not verified it with any professional.

Regarding your other question. The cuts are made only at the necessary locations, i.e. if you go for a full chin-wing, the complete vestibular part of your gum will be incised. That is, as you supposed correctly, unless you only want parts of the mandibular to be offset. 

The gap between the then-detached arch and the remainder of your mandibule can be filled with bone taken from the pelvis bone. If the gap is small, it can even be avoided as your own body's osteoblasts are capable of creating new bone structure up to a certain extent.

Other than that, it is still possible to protrude the chin in the traditional way - by cutting it horizontally and sliding it forward. The resulting groove is filled with bone debris from the cut during surgery. Eventually, the natural process of osteosynthesis kicks in and smoothes out the results. This surgical procedure is a bit different form the wing osteotomy described by thiaca et al. It may have advantages as well as disadvantages. With this kind of chin advancement, however, the face will not get any broader.

Bottom line: If you insisting on a certain procedure, Surgeons will finally tell you ground truth: Virtually "everything" is possible. And this is virtually true. What you finally get mainly depends on whom you ask, what you want, whether your expectations match the skills of your surgeon, how much you can rely on your body's capacity of regeneration, and, last not least, the size of your wallet. ;-)

I am, however, unsure, if I understood correctly what you mean with "step off". Can you elaborate?

1 Person gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Are there any surgeons you would recommend with regard to the sliding genioplasty?

Thanks again Dr.Horse, you've been of great help. I appreciate it. 
bearbeitet von keinname

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Ok, got that. So obviously both should be possible.

And I agree that, for chin advancement, the visible scar would be small. But for a "chin wing" osteotomy, a larger cut would have to be made. If you feel comfortable with that, well, go for it. ;-)

I know only of two surgeons who apply this procedure and I haven't asked them if they ever cut through skin. Perhaps no one ever asked for it. So frankly, I don't know the response to your question.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Can u please let me know which surgeon performs a genioplasty (wirhout an implant) with a star beneath the chin? This would be so helpful?

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag